Monday 23 May 2011

Long Time, No Post. Busy time of year!

Between chasing after my son and keeping up with the never ending housework around here, I really haven't found the time to sit down and blog.  My sister keeps reminding me....Jenny, you haven't blogged recently....I can hear in her voice that shes giving me a warning...do it, or else!

Little man is sleeping so I thought I would catch up on some of the things I have been doing lately.  I attempted to complete my first ever DIY Burp Cloth Tutorial...which didn't go so well.  It probably would have went great if I had taken enough photos.  I start out great, snapping away at the beginning of my project, and then I get so engrossed in what I am doing that I forget all about my camera!  Oh dear!  I plan on posting my tutorial for Baby Burp Cloths, it will just be picture skimpy!  I also created a Car Seat Cover...that was the most in depth sewing project I have ever completed, and I forgot to take photos!!  I have another baby shower in June so I will be making her a car seat cover as well. I'm doing it half for her....half for me, she gets the finished product, I get the photos, well and you get the tutorial...everyone wins!!

The wedding plans are coming along at a good pace.  I should have everything done long before the wedding which is great!  I am so afraid that I am taking on way too many DIY projects and I am going to end up with a dozen things that I just don't have time to get done.  SCARY!!

I am an extremely indecisive person....the worst of the worst, yet I have managed to decide on my centerpieces...finally!!  I found a Bride on Weddingbee.com who planned a wedding quite similar to the vision that I have for my wedding.  Her centerpieces are to die for!  I emailed her and got her blessing to be a 'copycat' and steal her idea.  I am so excited!!!

As I said before, the DIY list is quite large...making regular mason jars into aqua mason jars....build my cake stand...build my seating plan...make my bridesmaids gifts (in the works), crochet my garter (yes, I said crochet..it's nice, I promise Mom!),  create the flowers for, and assemble my bouquet....oh, it never ends! Don't get me wrong, I am a crafty person and I am going to love every minute of it, but I hope I can get it all done!

For someone who is relatively new to this blogger thing I sure have typed a lot today!  I am off to work on something on my DIY list until the baby wakes up....till next time!

Since I only have two followers....FOLLOWER ONE:  I cant wait for you to come home!!!!!!!!!!
 FOLLOWER TWO: Thanks for taking care of her today...she was a silly girl last night....but we all have to be once in a while!

1 comment:

  1. haha love it! Wish I could be home to help with all the projects! Love you Jenny, and thanks for the shoutout :)

    ReplyDelete