Tuesday 21 June 2011

DIY Napkin Tutorial! One Done..139 More to Go!

MY FIRST TUTORIAL!!!
DIY Wedding Napkins...I am sooooo in love!!!




Supplies  (140 napkins 12x12 hemmed)

Fabric: I used crafters cotton fabric.  16 meters.  Wash and dried.  ( I forgot to do this first...Shhhhh!!)
Thread
Scissors
Ruler
Sewing machine
Iron

Step One: Measure and mark out all of your napkins.  Measurements are 14' x 14'.  Do this with whatever means you have, whatever works best for you.  I have yet to purchase a cutting mat and supplies so I cut with regular scissors sitting on my living room floor. LOL

Step Two: Iron your fabric nice and flat. All wrinkles should be gone!


Step Three: Use your iron to press a hem a quarter of an inch all the way around the napkin. Once you have done this all the way around, fold it another quarter of an inch again and press.  This gives the hem a nice clean edge instead of your rough cutting edge.



Step Four: Sew.  Pretty self explanitory.  Try to keep the seam the same width all the way around.  This makes for a neater edge on the face of the napkin.





VOILA! You are done.  Now repeat OH, around 139 times!  AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!





2 comments:

  1. they look awesome, and the sewing looks really well done too. I love your other post with the colour themes popular this year. I love all of them lol, I don't know how you decided, but I love yours the most :)

    Let me know if there is anything from my end that I should be looking for or doing.

    P.s. I hope you like the silver that Mom and I found. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silver is gorgeous!!!! I really love it! I think that I am going to go to the fabric store again this week and get some more fabric, I only bought one meter..lol. I might send some home with you so you can sew some...lol...theres a lot to do!

    ReplyDelete